FLAG FOOTBALL: Ages 5-7 COST: $25 PER PLAYER
League play begins on 9/10/16. Registration ends 8/21/16. A $25 LATE FEE WILL BE ADDED FOR PAYMENT AFTER AUGUST 21, 2016.
TACKLE FOOTBALL: AGES 8-12 COST: $50 PER PLAYER. Ages 8-12 League play begins on 9/10/16. Registration ends 8/21/16.
**DEPENDING UPON THE PARTICIPATION, THERE WILL BE ONE TEAM PER AGE. FOR EXAMPLE, IN THE 10 & UNDER AGE GROUP, WE WILL HAVE A 9 YEAR-OLD TEAM AND A 10 YEAR-OLD TEAM. IF NUMBERS DO NOT PERMIT THAT, THERE WILL BE ONE 10 & UNDER TEAM MADE UP OF BOTH 9 & 10 YEAR-OLDS.
Parents: Completely fill out this Homer Football registration form, bring copy of your child’s Birth Certificate, pay fees and sign the Homer Recreation Parent’s and Children’s Code of Ethics form during the sign-up period. You may do this on Sunday, May 22 from 3:00pm – 5:00pm at Homer City Hall.
A coaches meeting will take place at 5:30
- Refund request must be submitted in writing at least one week prior to the beginning of the season.
- There will be a $10 administrative fee on all refunds.
***ALL REGISTRATION FORMS & FEES SHOULD BE TURNED IN ON SUNDAY, MAY 22 BETWEEN 3PM AND 5PM AT HOMER CITY HALL. ALL POTENTIAL COACHES WILL MEET AT 5:30PM
Code of Conduct for All Events:
- I will encourage and practice good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other HR events. Parents are not allowed to ever approach a game official. I will also never insight others to question an official.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all. If I have an issue with my coach, I will go directly to them, and I will do this discreetly. I will never approach an opposing coach or an official.
- I expect a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and vulgar and abusive language, and I will refrain from their use at all Homer Recreation sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for the children’s fun and enjoyment.
- I will teach my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect.
- I will help my child enjoy their HR experience by doing whatever I can.
- I recognize that HR sports are competitive and that this may be one of the first times that my child faces a defeat or failure publicly. I will be supportive, win or lose.
- I recognize that Homer Recreation coaches teach value lessons and that the games will begin in prayer, and I will respect the rights of everyone to choose participation in these practices.
**Failure to abide by any of these rules could result in my suspension from the Homer Recreation events and/or expulsion from the league for my child or myself.**