Physical Education Suggestion
Coach Gilbert’s classes
April 1, 2020 – ???
Any questions or concerns, please email me @ email@example.com I will check email each morning by 10 am and again in the evening by 10 pm.
Focus on staying healthy during this time away from school:
- Try to get 8-9 hours of sleep each night
- Have a morning routine, time to get up, eating breakfast, staying active physically and mentally
- Drink plenty of water and other non-carbonated drinks
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Limit your intake of “Junk foods”
- Spend quality time with your family and close friends
Some Physical Education Suggestions:
- Do 10-15 minutes of Ab work and Yoga Stretching – Monday – Wednesday – Friday
- Do some type of Cardio work Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday – this could include walking, jogging, biking, playing some type of sport with your family, dancing, aerobic routine…. 30 minutes a day. Days are just a suggestion. Work around your schedule, but stay ACTIVE
- Each evening after shower or bath – do some static stretching on the floor before bedtime, this will help with soreness the next morning.
Some suggestions from the “Mom in Me”:
- Help your grandparents and other relative during this time – help them clean house or yard, run errands for them, help care for younger children.
- Learn a new skill – How to cook/bake, how to sew, how to charge a tire or oil in a car, telling time on an analog clock, how to open a combination lock, watch and learn from your elders.
- Help your younger siblings/relatives with their school work, read to them, practice math skills…
- Be Respectful to ALL, Be responsible for your actions, and do your work for OTHER classes
- PLEASE follow the town/state regulations regarding this virus. STAY at HOME and STAY HEALTHY!
I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers during my upcoming surgery on April 14. I will most likely be out the rest of the school year recovering from the surgery. As most of you know, I am retiring and will not be back at HOMER HIGH for the next school year. I have taught and coached at HHS for 30 years, and will always cherish the many memories that I have had, thanks to students like you! Here is one bible verse that is so fitting during this time. “So we fix our eyes NOT on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal” 2 Corinthians 4:18.
Praying for each of you during this crazy time,